Who is Arizona Veterinary Specialists?
Arizona Veterinary Specialists is the fulfillment of a vision shared by its partners of building a comprehensive, state-of-the-art, multi-specialty veterinary referral hospital to serve the growing needs of pet owners in Arizona. Arizona Veterinary Specialists represents a collaborative effort between individually owned specialty practices to provide comprehensive, innovative, and compassionate care to veterinary patients. Each specialty practice in Arizona Veterinary Specialists is highly esteemed in the veterinary community and offers advanced diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. Many of the practice owners are nationally recognized leaders in their fields and often hold positions of leadership in numerous specialty colleges and organizations, lecture throughout the world, publish textbook chapters and other refereed articles, and conduct clinical trials that further the knowledge of the veterinary profession.
Arizona Veterinary Specialists currently provides expertise in the specialties of:
- Cardiology - Desert Veterinary Medical Specialists
- Dentistry - Arizona Veterinary Dental Specialists
- Dermatology - Dermatology For Animals
- Internal Medicine - Desert Veterinary Medical Specialists
- Oncology - Arizona Veterinary Oncology
- Radiation Oncology - Southwest Veterinary Oncology
- Ophthalmology - Eye Care for Animals
- Radiology - Desert Veterinary Medical Specialists
- Surgery - Southwest Veterinary Surgical Service, PC
- Veterinary Emergency Care - AVS has joined forces with BluePearl Emergency Pet Hospital, formerly Emergency Animal Clinic, to provide all-inclusive patient care. BluePearl Emergency Pet Hospital is a 24-hour emergency clinic that provides high quality emergency and critical care services, such as emergency examinations, blood transfusions, emergency stabilization, pain management, emergency surgery, traumatic wound care, and full in-house diagnostic services. Collaborating with BluePearl Emergency Pet Hospital allows us to provide exceptional patient care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Some of the specialized medical services offered to pets include endoscopy, ultrasonography, echocardiography, nuclear medicine, I-131 radioactive iodine treatment, radiation therapy, CT scans, total hip replacements, neurosurgery, orthopedics and fracture repair, advanced ocular surgery including cataract and laser surgery, digital radiography, dental crowns and restorative procedures, and advanced dermatology procedures such as skin testing and treatment for allergies. The emergency practitioners at the Emergency Animal Clinic, PLC are committed to providing progressive, round-the-clock emergency care. Further information on the specialty referral practices and the BluePearl Emergency Pet Hospital is located under each practice link.
The specialists and emergency practitioners at our hospital do not offer routine veterinary care, such as immunizations, well examinations, and other routine preventative care. Thus, Arizona Veterinary Specialists and the BluePearl Emergency Pet Hospital are extensions of general veterinary practices throughout the community. We will work closely in conjunction with your primary care veterinarian to ensure complete patient care, and we will send you back to your primary care veterinarian’s office for continuing follow-up care for your pet.